We have had so many acorns this year..Our neighbor's tree hangs over my front bed and the squirrels have a hay day..with the oakleaves and acorns..I had a wheelbarrow full!
So that's why they are being photographed..They're so cute.
How many apple cake recipes do we have?
I seem to collect them like cookie cutters..
This latest one was found right here..
Is it my fave?
No but it's moist and flavorful and does the trick..and makes a cake that is large enough to share..
I didn't add a glaze..I simply dusted it..I did put the topping on the bottom and on top of my pan..but no nuts.
No nuts at all in my recipe.
It cuts well too and stays together as a moist cake does♥
In all fairness it is a 2003 recipe..and I wanted a BUNDT cake recipe... most of the ones I have made are not Bundt~
So different..all of them
Like here..
and here..totally diva.
and here.. David Rocco..what's not to like?
Et Dorie..
And Hélène's~
Ricardo's ~
There's also my first one..Hudson Apple Cake from the first home tour I went on.
I was in my twenties..with 2 children..a home and a husband ..like early 20's..
This was the best thing I had ever eaten..as far as a cake was concerned..
I have it in my handwriting:)
Italian apple cakes..~ Mine..I have 2 somewhere.. and Ann T's I think..in my archives..
Apple cake crumb bars..
apple cake tartlets..
I can't even find the links anymore to my past posts..
I should have been more diligent in ...labels...
Believe me..
I wanted to make the Apple cake tarlets again and again at one point..
I only had a link ..
ALWAYS print up a recipe you love and keep it.
Sadly..many blogs disappear..and the links are nowhere to be found.
I cannot tell you how happy I was that I had PRINTED it up..
I should frame that one.
I promise..
If ever I stop blogging..my pages will remain..
Unless they disappear on their own.
Eureka..I had printed up the tartlets:)
Grateful.
For dinner Sunday night ..I made this.....
( the above..found on the net..Pinterest)
I loved it.. so did Jacques..we have been eating salads..and fish and very light..
Julia's dish called my name..staving for a bit more substance:)..was I...
I did make changes..
I added more sun dried tomatoes.only because I am quite nuts about them and wanted to finish my oil paced ones...mushrooms.. many.. a French shallot..Pineau De Charentes.( a niece hooked me).and Parmesan cheese and quite a bit of salt and hot pepper flakes..
You have to taste and make to your liking like everything else..
I could have had a second plateful..and really..never have seconds.
But this is not the first dish of hers I love:)
Thank you Julia~
It was pitch black by the time we ate..
There's no adding lights etc..to take photos of our dinners from now till Spring..
We are hungry when dinner is ready..so no pics..Go see Julia..her photos say it all~
I also tried these Friday..we have roofers and I like to send out treats with their coffee~
Apple..maple syrup blondies..They are good too.
But give me the pasta before the sweet:)
Always~







0 Yorumlar