Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

A Lovely Summer Day....

...but strange things are going on. But we'll begin at the beginning. When I checked my email this morning I found a Blogger newsletter, which among other things, told of a new blogger service called Stats. I was interested, so I saved it until later. Then we were off to our usual Friday morning breakfast with the teacher ladies. We had a good time and two and a half hours flew by. At one point we were talking about laughter and it's value, and I shared the not so romantic card by husband gave me for my birthday. It says: I've got a birthday story that will turn your hair gray. (open the card) Oh, I see you've already heard it. We all got a good laugh out of that, for me a second one. I'm not sure how it got to be 4:30 already, but maybe the fact that we didn't get home from breakfast until after 11:00 may explain part of it. But that was fine, because we have planned for this to be a lazy day. I went on line to see about installing the Stats device on my blog, but I had to click on the Blogger in draft option to get it. OK, fine. Did that. Then I went into my computer picture files to change my header photo. Good. Done. It was beautiful outside so I got Tom to stroll around the garden with me, to see what was blooming. I grabbed my camera for some new material to post. That's why you see this blog decorated with flower photos. Glass flowers with roses.
And fuchsias.
Butterflies, bees and hummingbirds are flitting about these days. I love summer!
We no longer have live cats, just stone ones. But this was a favorite spot for our Callisto when she was with us. Not so much fun for the birds.
We had lunch about 1:00 and sat on the patio and read. I'm reading another Scandinavian mystery, this by Jo Nesbo, called Nemesis. It's very good and I'm trying not to spend all of my time reading it.
-
Then I came upstairs to download my photos when to my dismay, all of my photos, hundreds of them, maybe thousands, had been deleted from my computer! I yelled HELP! and Tom came up to see what was wrong. Fortunately we have a back up system, Carbonite, and after some navigating, I found my Photos. I am in the process of restoring some of them back to my hard drive.
-
With my new photos finally downloaded, I went to post them on my blog. Well, the image icon no longer directed me to my hard drive????? Blogger in Draft looked foreign and didn't do what I wanted it to. So I spent more time trying to get rid of it and get back to normal. Forget the Stats if it's going to mess up everything else.
-
I think I am, normal that is. Well, whatever that is. But I'm definitely confused!
-
Oh, and I ran out of photo storage again and this time I went right away to the Picasa Album option and bought 20 GB of storage for $5. That was last Thursday. But it took at least 24 hours to kick in, so I left it and went away for the weekend. When I went to post photos from Whidbey, I got the "used up storage" message. What? I checked my credit card statement online and had been charged, so went searching. Turns out I had to sign in to Google and sign out for the new storage to kick in.
-
I think I've got everything all squared away now, finally. I have no idea why my photos were deleted. It's a mystery.
-
But with all of that, I'm going to wrap this up and head back outside. It's a beautiful day out there, a perfect summer day.
-
I hope you appreciate the effort I've gone through to bring you this blog today. I'm exhausted!
-
Maybe I'll set up my mini lap top in the shade on the patio and see what the rest of you have been up to.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar